In this episode of Ledger Cast, Josh (@carpenoctom) and Brian (@ledgerstatus) discuss the news of the week, as well as how we do trend analysis.
The information in this podcast should not be construed as investment advice, it is purely educational material and you should always do your own research before buying.
In this episode of Ledger Cast, Josh and I discuss the news of the week as well as concepts behind trend analysis.
You can also watch via screencast, and see the charts and other information as we look at them.
News and topics of the week
- Bitfinex adds 7 coins to their platform (2:00)
- Ethfinex and other decentralized exchanges (6:00)
- Ethfinex founder on the ICO Alert podcast
- Stripe ending bitcoin support (12:00)
- Blockstream Lightning Charge (16:30)
- 50 Cent is crypto rich (24:00)
- Weiss ratings for crypto (25:00)
- Conspiracy theory on CME closing and shorting bitcoin (28:00)
- Josh’s article on fundamentals (30:00)
- Primary topic (32:00)
Technical topic and analysis: trend identification and mean reversion
- How Josh and I use to identify trends, the tools we use, patterns we look at, and more.
- The idea of mean reversion (back to various moving averages)
- Josh’s trading tips and tricks (this is ridiculously good)
- Brian is working on creating learning materials for traders: fill this out if interested.
How do you guys feel about the regulatory environment moving forward this year? Is regulation going to be good or bad for crypto?
— First Frontier Blockchain (@FirstFrontierBC) January 24, 2018
How do you guys split your portfolio % wise during times like these?
— CryptoGord (@relmastercoin) January 24, 2018
Does the impact of BTC's price swings on alt coins invalidate technical analysis (chart patterns) for alt coins? Is technical analysis (chart patterns) for alt coins only valid when BTC's price is reasonably steady?
— ViridisQuotient (@ViridisQuotient) January 24, 2018
Ask us a question
Every episode, we’ll try to answer one or two audience questions. If you ever have one, just tweet at us or fill out the contact form.
Find Josh and Brian elsewhere
- Josh’s articles on Brave New Coin (must read material)
- Josh’s YouTube channel (His Ichimoku series and Indicator series are especially great)
- Josh on Twitter @carpenoctom
- Brian on Twitter @ledgerstatus
Interested in sponsoring?
We’d love to talk to interested parties about sponsorship opportunities. We are open to suggestions, but are not seeking deals that include promos for ICOs, etc. But if you do something interesting in the space and want to chat, contact us.
Music: “Oh, the chains” by Joel Madison Blount