In this episode, Josh and I cover an absolute deluge of news. From two big things from the IRS, to announcements by the CFTC, SEC, and others, to Libra nonsense, and just about every major exchange has something going on. We cover as much as we can in this week’s show.
Welcome to Ledger Cast, hosted by me, Brian Krogsgard (@ledgerstatus on twitter), and Josh Olszewicz (@carpenoctom). Ledger Cast is a cryptocurrency trading and blockchain ecosystem podcast. Ledger Cast is brought to you in partnership with Brave New Coin.
The information in this podcast should not be construed as investment advice, it is purely educational material and you should always do your own research before buying.
In this episode, Josh and I cover an absolute deluge of news. From two big things from the IRS, to announcements by the CFTC, SEC, and others, to Libra nonsense, and just about every major exchange has something going on. We cover as much as we can in this week's show.
Here's the episode:
Links and Notes
- Libra Payment processors back out
- Global reg/concerns grow and continue
- Zuck testifying in congress
- Openlibra Controversy
- Mobile app
- Down time
- 1.25% on usdc holdings
- Volume low but increasing
- $5m first week
- BTC options coming
- BFX $1T lawsuit alleging USDT manipulation
- NYAG says they don't need to compile docs
- Quadriga widow pays $9m
- Privacy coin delistings continue
- Josh's privacy coin article
- Monero hard fork Nov 30th
- IRS tax “guidance”
- New question on 1040s about Virtual Currency
- MKR MCD
- CFTC: ETH = commodity
- Bitwise ETF denied
- Went to final deadline
- SEC report used bitwise data against them
- Josh's Q3 Bitcoin report
Find Josh and Brian elsewhere
- Josh's articles on Brave New Coin
- Josh's YouTube channel
- Josh on Twitter @carpenoctom
- Brian on Twitter @ledgerstatus
- Ledger Status Learn course
Partner: Brave New Coin
Brave New Coin offers institutional grade crypto market data, tracking 1500+ digital & cryptographic assets from 250+ exchanges 24/7/365. They have excellent market analysis, news, data, and tools for traders. Check out Brave New Coin and subscribe to their newsletter.
Music: “Oh, the chains” by Joel Madison Blount