In this episode of Ledger Cast, I talk to Jay and Aaron from the Coin Talk Show about the market dump, possible recovery, how to trade in a market like this, and the US Senate hearing on crypto.
Welcome to Ledger Cast, hosted by me, Brian Krogsgard (@ledgerstatus on twitter), and in this episode I’m joined by special co-hosts, Jay Kang and Aaron Lammer. Ledger Cast is a cryptocurrency trading and blockchain ecosystem podcast.
The information in this podcast should not be construed as investment advice, it is purely educational material and you should always do your own research before buying.
In this episode of Ledger Cast, I talk to Jay and Aaron about the state of the market with the current downtrend, investor psychology during down trends, what we’re all feeling right now, and also about the US Senate hearing this week.
Here’s the audio:
Here’s the YouTube version:
Topics of the week
- The market hit lows below 6k, and we talk about how we feel about it
- The stock market had a large crash, do crypto and the regular market correlate?
- Catching the middle of a move versus trying to sell the exact top or buy the exact bottom
- Following bitcoin versus alt coins during down trends
- The US Senate held a hearing about crypto currency and ICOs, and we discuss what was said and how we felt about it.
Jay and Aaron and the Coin Talk Show
Aaron Lammer runs the Longform podcast — where they interview non-fiction writers. It’s one of my personal favorite interview podcasts. Jay Kang is a Vice News correspondent on HBO and a Writer at Large for the New York Times magazine.
Here’s a segment Jay did for Vice News on crypto:
They are both super interested in crypto, and started the Coin Talk Show to translate crypto to the rest of the world. It’s a really great show, and while it’s appropriate for non-technical listeners, I think they are doing a great job covering the industry in general. They are really funny and great conversationalists.
I was actually a guest on Coin Talk for episode one, if you want to check that out. But every episode has been good in my opinions. Be sure to subscribe to it by searching your podcast apps, or via their Medium page.
Ledger Status links and information
- Ledger Status Learn is launching really soon, which will offer educational material, community, and more
- My free Telegram channel where I distribute charts and analysis that’s a little more in depth than Twitter
- Follow @ledgerstatus on Twitter
Interested in sponsoring?
We’d love to talk to interested parties about sponsorship opportunities. We are open to suggestions, but are not seeking deals that include promos for ICOs, etc. But if you do something interesting in the space and want to chat, contact us.
Music: “Oh, the chains” by Joel Madison Blount