In this episode of Ledger Cast, Brian and Josh discuss the fiasco that was Coinbase listing Bitcoin Cash, including the miss-steps, fallout from the change, and our thoughts in general.
In this episode we go into the fiasco that was Coinbase adding Bitcoin Cash, the way it went down, the accusations being made, and what we think more generally about what will happen now. We also inevitably discuss Bitcoin Cash more broadly and how we feel about it.
The information in this podcast should not be construed as investment advice, it is purely educational material and you should always do your own research before buying.
News items of the week
- Bitcoin Cash on Coinbase / Gdax
- Initial announcement
- Our thoughts on how it was handled
- Accusations of insider trading
- Our thoughts on regulatory bodies stepping in and threats of that
- Is this some kind of war?
- Charlie Lee dumped his Litecoin on us (says he donated it). Zero Hedge is claiming a rumor that it was for a Facebook deal — his Litecoin bag must be massive.
- Other fiat on-ramps that exist and FDIC considerations for that
- Gdax’s digital asset framework
- Gdax support document on Bitcoin Cash.
- Coinbase’s misleading roadmap.
- Roger Ver thinks insider trading is fine.
- Twitter Moment on potential CME consequences.
This was #Coinbase Roadmap published 4 days ago. this was totally a misleading practice. No announcement, fake roadmap. You just lost a shit ton of trust. Time to change exchanger. pic.twitter.com/6GapqvYJr1
— Andrea Disperati (@Andrea_Dispe) December 20, 2017
Buy, sell, send and receive Bitcoin Cash on Coinbase https://t.co/lL3FPEzBrJ
— Coinbase (@coinbase) December 20, 2017
Bitcoin SegWit Update https://t.co/3YPQPlg9tc
— Coinbase (@coinbase) December 15, 2017
There was a lot of other chatter around this event, but this is a start. We also discuss the price action of the listing, after closing, and otherwise.
Find Josh and Brian elsewhere
- Josh’s articles on Brave New Coin (must read material)
- Josh’s YouTube channel
- Josh on Twitter @carpenoctom
- Brian on Twitter @ledgerstatus
Interested in sponsoring?
We’d love to talk to interested parties about sponsorship opportunities. We are open to suggestions, but are not seeking deals that include promos for ICOs, etc. But if you do something interesting in the space and want to chat, contact us.
Music: “Oh, the chains” by Joel Madison Blount